Click on any picture and navigate along the picture set using the Arrow Keys. Press F11 for a full screen experience.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Villlage - Byrapatna

Top Drive Getaway

April 22 2005 - Mahaveer Jayanthi. It was an optional holiday. I decided to avail it n head of to my first long journey in my car. I was yet to decide where to go. There were two options.
[1] To go to Nandi hills with my 12th standard friends.
[2] To head to my granny's place with my neighbour.
Due to various reasons I decided to execute plan [2].
At 9 AM sharp left home with my friend Srinivas in my esteem n took the Mysore road highway towards Chennapatna ' The town of wooden toys '. I was apprehensive about driving in the highway. Was told by a friend to follow the three basics in highway driving. Not to drive too slow, to be very steady, never overlap the lanes. The journey throughout was superb. Cannot describe in words. Have to be there to feel the thrill. The Bangalore - Mysore highway is being converted to four lanes n the work is in its final stages. Some stretches of the highway was too good where we could zoom at close to 100 kmph n some were just the reverse . All in all it was an experience worth remembering as it was my first.
This one was shot on the way to my granny's farm, on reaching the village Byrapatna ( in Chennapatna Taluk )


Village Temple

This is one of the oldest temples in my village. This one was used in the classic Kannada serial ' Griha Banga ' which was produced by the late actress Soundarya.


Engrossed in Work

We decided to take a stroll around the village. I came across this old goldsmith who was so engrossed in the work he was doing, that he was ignorant of the fact that I was capturing his picture.


Field View

Away from the vehicles n the pollution of the city. A refreshing view to the eyes.


Battlefield

The two young goats engaged in a tussle. Competition exists everywhere, be it humans or animals. Darwin's theory - Survival of the fittest.



Big Banyan Tree

The big banyan tree with its numerous roots dropping down to the ground. This is one of the oldest n the most famous trees in my village.


The Guide

The old man guiding the goats back home.


Attacking Mood

Elastic body... The pussy in an attacking mood


The Garrage

A simple garage to park the bullock cart. Neat !!


Effortless

My cousin Srinivasa on his way up to get some tender coconuts. Its a natural education which comes inborn to the people brought up in villages to climb a tree n to do many other innumerable things which many of us cant imagine to do.


Down Under

Taken from under a coconut tree. The result was spectacular. I have never seen a picture like this before. What do you think?


Cucumber Fields

My granny's cucumber fields. We refreshed ourselves with cool farm fresh cucumbers, as it was a very hot day.


Into the Mountains

This is the same railway track near my grandmothers coconut grove where I had shot a picture of an approaching train sometime in Jan 2005. The geometrically near perfect straight tracks presents a good view.


Black n White

The pair which is so opposite to each other yet complement one another very well. My cousin domesticates over a hundred pigeons. This one was taken just outside his house.

2 Opinions:

Vinu said...

Hey,
Cool pics here. I like the Ants, Railway track n goldsmith in particular...
what kind of equipment do you use?
thanx for visiting my blog.

Kousik said...

Most of the pics are damn good. Keep them coming. Nice to read about your drives.